A changing mood.

My mood changes. It is completely natural, but when it changes quickly and often it is annoying, tiering and diffucult. It can go from really happy, to sad, to angry and back in a moment. This makes ihard for me, but also for the people I talk to on these days where my mood is like this.

It is most often like this when I'm tired or sleepy. In periods where I have troubles sleeping my mood bacomes very hard to control or predict. A small thing can elevate my mood, but a small thing can also drive it through the ground. Someone saying hello to me might be enough to make me happy, but me having to cough van make me sad. I also tend to take things too personally in these times. This does not help. 

What do I do if I notice I have such a day? It's not easy to notice when I'm in the middle of it and it makes it ten times worse if someone points it out to me. If I notice it by myself there are a few things I can do that might help me stabilize my emotions, but it takes a lot of willpower and energy.

I can write about it. Expressing my thoughts and emotions help's me get a handle of them eather by writing an essay, a short story, poetry or a blog post as I'm doing now. It's not i portant what I write as long as it is filled and fueled by my thoughts and emotions. Sometimes it's enough just to write a few lines. It's usually things I write but nor publish. If I publish it it's because I want people to get an idea of how I feel, or if I think it may help others. 

I can listen to music that calms 's me down. Listening to music while meditating often help's me a lot. This is a way for me to clear my mind and focus on one thing at a time. In these periods of moodshifts my focus is all over the place. So it help's to focus on something internal. Doing things that require me to focus on one specific thing is extremely difivult, but if I'm able to do it it also help's me.

Talking to friends is also helpful. This requires friends who has the energy to talk to me when I'm happy in one second and sad in the next. I'm really happy I have such good friends I can talk to about everything and they can talk to me if they need to get something off their chest. My friends are truly the best aid for emotional issues.


Writing this text helped me and I already feel better. My mood seems more stabile.

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

Losing is not losing!

The smallest things

Not perfect