A scary night!

When the evening on saturday neared it's end I had to change my insulin equipment. This is not rare, I do it once every three or four days. It's much easier than the equipment I used before I gor my insuline pump. Before that I had to tak seven shots, every day. Two in my thigh and five in my stomach.

Everything seemed okay so I went to bed. I woke up at half past four in the morning and I was drenched in sweat. I went to the bathroom to get a towel, but before I got to the towels I heard an alarm from my insuline pump. It told me there was some sort of blockage between the pump and me. I was nautius and had a bad taste in my mouth.

I changed some of the equipment, but not all. I got some food and water and thought about calling the doctor on duty. When I had just finished eating I got the same alarm again! Then I switched all of the equipment and called the doctors office. I set a dose of insuline. The nurse on the phone seemed pleasant and did everything she is supposed to do. She got my personal info before I told her why I xalled.

When I was finished telling her why I was calling she said she was going to connect me to the emergency phonenumber, 113. The man who was on the end of that line was also very nice and professional! He decided an ambulance was going to pick me up and drive me to the dovtor. He said it would've been irresponsible to send me with an ordinary taxi.

When I got to the doctor they took several tests of me and noticed there were several things out of order. The first result showed that my blood sugar level was elevated more, even though I took the extra insuline. The tests also showed I had some things that is the start of a severe problem. I'm not sure of the English name, but direct translation is acid poisoning.

After about an hour they called for another ambulance. I had to be admitted to the emergency room at the hospital in the neighbouring city. Before I left the doctor told me to take more insuline, which I did. The ambulance ride was ok. The emt was a really nice lady. We talked and she made me feel better. When I got to the hospital they connectede to an I.V. because my fluid and sodium levels were low. They took many tests and they showed my sugar levels was even higher, but I chose to wait before taking more insuline. 

I was there for several long hours. The nurses took great vare of me, but laying awake, in a hospital bed isn't fun! After a while a doctor came to me and said my tests were okay. They just had to check my blood sugar. It had finally started getting lower. When the doctor came back he told me that if I felt okay to leave I could do that when the I.V. was empty. 


When I was all done my father came to the hospital and drove me home. I got back home about 11 am. I'm in great shape, but I am tired and out of energy. I just felt this was something I should write about.

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

The smallest things

Losing is not losing!

Bullied for a lomg time